My hexagon pillow did take awhile to make, I had to go searching for more fabric actually, as I didn't have enough of the right colors. I had a little help from some fabric loving friends so each hexagon was made with a unique print.
However, I finished it quite awhile back, in June actually.
You know I had to dig into the archives of this blog to find this embroidery in progress. It is a great feeling to have figured out what I would do with the embroidery and I am so happy to have finished the pillow.
Pillow covers are a wonderful way to play around with a technique or idea, much more doable than tackling a quilt!
I did learn that making the covers a bit smaller than the pillow inserts would make the pillow look much plumper. Next time I will do that. In any case we have been putting these pillows to good use.